2018 AWARD ENTRY GUIDELINES
Businesses can enter only one of the following categories: Excellence in Business - Small, Medium or Large, or New/Emerging Business.
The Excellence in Business sub-categories are:
- Emerging Business (Less than 2 years)
- Small (1-5 full time equivalent employees)
- Medium (6-15 full time equivalent employees)
- Large (16+ full time equivalent employees)
In the best interests of your business, your entry category may be changed upon consideration of the judges. In this instance full consultation will be made with the entrant business. All sections must be completed for your entry.
All entrants must include:
- Executive Summary
- Questions - please refer to your excellence categories for what needs to be
- Financial Viability – a signed, scanned statement from your accountant
In addition to email to email@example.com:
- Provide a 150 word summary of your business. This is what the MC will read about your business at the Awards
- 10 high resolution photos of your business. Email or can provide via sharing google photos, one drive, or Dropbox.
While attendance at the workshops is not compulsory, it is HIGHLY recommended. The workshop will help in the preparation of your entry and will help you get the most out of the entry process for your business. If you are not able to attend a workshop or a one to one meeting, please speak to your Chamber representative.
All entrants are automatically eligible for the Supreme Business Award regardless of category entered. The Supreme winner must be able to demonstrate excellence in all business areas and will be chosen by the Chief Judge irrespective of best overall score. The Chief Judge’s decision will be final. Supreme Award winners are not eligible for the Supreme Award in the next awards immediately following their win.
Judges’ scores for each section will be available to entrants only. No information will be disclosed to individuals or organisations other than the judges and Awards Co-ordinator. Detailed feedback from judges is not generally available; however the Chamber can assist those seeking business advice, mentoring or other consultancy services.
The judging process will culminate in the Horizon Business Excellence Awards 2018 ceremony on Saturday 1 September 2018 at the Whakatane War Memorial Hall, Short Street, Whakatane. No correspondence or results will be available until this event.
Entry Fees – No fees, free to enter
All enquiries to:
Eastern Bay Chamber of Commerce Chief Executive Officer, Gerard Casey Phone: 07 306 3370