Toni Owen is the Director of Focus Chartered Accountants.
TONI CATHERINE OWEN
BBS - CA – PP - IoD - Prof Trustee
Toni was born in Palmerston North and moved to the Eastern Bay of Plenty in 1970. Toni and her husband Darrel live in a coastal suburb of Whakatane. They have two adult children, and two grandchildren. In her spare time Toni likes to garden, read a good book and travel.
- Is a Board member and Treasurer of the East BOP Chamber of Commerce
- Is a Trustee of the Te Aka Toitu Trust, which aims to make technology available to children from low decile schools
- Has held positions as Chairman of the Kawerau Enterprise Agency, Life Education Trust and was a founding executive member of the Eastern BOP Chamber of Commerce
- Has also been actively involved in squash, junior hockey, gymnastics, primary school BOT, Plunket and Kindergarten committees.
Current Governance Positions
Director of Focus Chartered Accountants Limited in Whakatane
- Specialises in Strategic, Business and Succession Planning for a wide range of professional, rural and commercial clients
- Is a member of Chartered Accounts of ANZ, NZ Trustees Association (Professional Trustee) and NZ Institute of Directors
- Is a Professional Trustee of many Family Trusts.
Previous Governance Positions held:
- Director of NZCA Limited (Nov 2012 – Nov 2015
- Director of Energy Options Limited (April 2011 – Jul 2012)
- Director of ECCA (Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority) (Oct 2007 – Nov 2010)
- Trustee of the Eastern Bay Energy Trust from the first elections in October 1995, and Chairman from 1999 through until May 2006.
- Member of the Energy Trusts of New Zealand Executive (2003 – 2005)